Join our team to oversee delivery of professional development courses and services to PK-12 educators working with multilingual learners in Massachusetts.
Title: Director of Professional Learning
POSITION STATUS: Salaried half- to full-time (.6 to 1.0 FTE negotiable)
WORK SETTING: Remote work environment with in-person meetings and events in Massachusetts.
- Oversee scheduling and delivery of MATSOL professional learning courses including scheduling, communications, marketing, registration, online course setup, PDP and credit options and course evaluation.
- Update the course management database.
- Communicate with clients. Troubleshoot problems with course participants as needed.
- Oversee contracting, billing and payment.
- Manage course instructors and consultants.
- Oversee course management tasks completion by the MATSOL team (staff, instructors and consultants).
- Ensure record keeping and documentation of PD activities to meet legal and financial requirements as a nonprofit and Massachusetts PD provider.
- Assist in identifying professional learning needs and developing new course offerings.
- Assist with marketing of courses and professional development services.
- Opportunity to engage in other MATSOL member activities and initiatives.
BA expected, MA ideal in TESOL or related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience developing and facilitating professional learning activities in online and in-person formats, ideally for PK-12 educators in the area of English language instruction and multilingual learner education.
- Background in TESOL or related field with an understanding of Massachusetts PK-12 policy and standards related to the education of English learners.
- Experience implementing and/or facilitating courses on an online Learning Management System.
- Experience overseeing the work of a collaborative team completing complex tasks.
- Experience with principles and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detailed-oriented and able to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Strong technology skills with the ability to easily learn new systems.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills.
- Able to attend in-person meetings and events in Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in education.
- Opportunity to further MATSOL’s mission of equity and excellence for multilingual learners and influence the policy and practice of English learner education in Massachusetts.
- Remote work environment with flexible schedule (some in-person meetings required).
- 401K with 4% employer contribution with optional employee match
- Paid vacation, personal, holiday, and sick time
- Insurance coverage not available
Salary: $65.5K FTE