MATSOL is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Professional Learning (part time) to oversee the successful development, planning, and delivery of high-quality professional development programs and services for educators of English Learners in alignment with MATSOL’s mission, vision and values.
- Manage MATSOL’s professional development courses and consulting services.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate instructors and consultants.
- Oversee customer and consultant contracting.
- Identify emerging needs and opportunities for professional development and create new offerings and services in face-to-face, online and hybrid formats.
- Develop PDP and credit options for PD offerings.
- Oversee responses to grant/contract opportunities: Evaluate RFPs and RFRs, prepare and submit responses/bids; oversee planning and management of awarded grants/contracts.
- Collaborate with staff to develop registration processes, publicity, communications, site logistics, online course management, and other tasks related to PD activities;
- Develop budgets for PD services and activities.
- Ensure record keeping and documentation of PD activities to meet legal and financial requirements as a nonprofit and Massachusetts PD provider.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors about professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as needed or as directed.
- Assist with planning of annual conference and other member-led programmatic activities.
- Plan and facilitate MA English Learning Leadership Council meetings, with assistance of volunteer steering committee.
- Attend the annual conference and selected other programmatic activities, and interact with members, key speakers, presenters, etc.
Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field required; 5+ years experience in English learner education. Background and/or training in course and curriculum development a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Deep knowledge of English learning education policy and practices in Massachusetts public schools (ESL, SEI, and dual language).
- Strong organizational and managerial capabilities with experience in hiring and supervision.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Must be able to handle situations in a confidential manner.
- Experience planning and overseeing professional development courses, events and other activities for teachers and school administrators.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; Experience with presentation and facilitation, both online and in person.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively.
- Technical skills including but not limited to using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, online meetings and webinars programs, and online learning management systems.
- Bilingual in any language is a plus!
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
- Work takes place MATSOL’s office is in Stoughton MA and remotely.
- Must be available during the school day with occasional evening and weekend duties.
- Occasional travel required within Massachusetts.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- MATSOL offers flextime and remote work options.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Salary $41,400 annually (24 hours per week)
MATSOL is a professional association of educators of English language learners in Massachusetts. Our members include EL/ESOL educators in PK-12 schools, adult basic education, workplace programs, and institutions of higher learning, as well as pre-service and in-service teacher educators.
MATSOL’s mission is to promote equity and excellence in the education of English Learners.