Proposal deadline EXTENDED to Monday, December 16, 2019 11:59 PM
The 2020 MATSOL Conference brings together educators of English learners from across Massachusetts to learn, network, and share expertise.
Submit a proposal to present at the conference!
MATSOL encourages engaging, interactive presentations that make the theory to practice connection. Successful proposals include practical classroom activities informed by current research and pedagogy, demonstrations of successful instructional practices, examinations of current issues in education, and research that informs educators in the Massachusetts context. Presentations should engage the audience through hands-on or interactive activities when possible.
Presentations may address audiences from all program types including PK-12 schools (public, charter and independent), adult and workplace education, community college ESL, Intensive English Programs (IEPs), private language schools, and pre-service and in-service teacher education.
- Academic Language in the Content Areas
- Bilingualism and Biliteracy
- Co-Teaching and Collaborative Practices
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Curriculum Development
- Data and Assessment
- Listening, Speaking and Pronunciation
- Digital Learning & Technology
- Family and Community Engagement
- Policy and Advocacy
- Program Administration and Evaluation
- Professional Development and Teacher Education
- Reading, Writing and Literacy
- Vocabulary and Grammar
Presentations take place on Wednesday, May 27 – Friday May 29, 2020.
Proposal deadline extended to Monday, December 16, 2019 at 11:58 PM.
Submit a proposal: https://www.matsol.org/2020-conference
View webinar: Submitting a MATSOL Conference Proposal (recording)
Note: The Call for Graduate Student Poster Sessions will open in January 2020.