Anne Dow Award for Excellence & Creativity: Sandra Cunha
Given annually to a professional who has made outstanding efforts that reflect enthusiasm and creative, energetic, independent thinking. The 2020 award was give for leading collaboration to support the education of English Learners. The award is supported by the Anne Dow Family Foundation. Sandra is the EL Coordinator at Global Learning Charter Public School in New Bedford, MA.
Linda Schulman Innovation Grants
$500-$1,000 grants for pedagogical projects that promote English language learning and embody a spirit of creativity, sensitivity and community and benefit English language learners by improving their language competency or increasing their understanding of American culture.
- Amy Ostroff, Baker School, Brookline. Project Title “The Baker Arboretum”
- Karen Malley, Federal Street Elementary School, Greenfield. Project Title: “Reviving a Community Garden in our Own Backyard”
- Christi Cartwright, International High School, Lawrence
- Jen Noorjanian, Woodland Elementary School, Mildford. Project Title: “Project WEAVE: Welcome and Engage to support Adjustment Via Education”
- Megan Gabellieri, Woodland Elementary School, Milford. Project Title: “Mindful Practice for ELs”