MATSOL is hiring a Program & Member Engagement Coordinator to support MATSOL board members and volunteers in planning, organizing and facilitating engaging and informative activities and events for educators of English learners.
- Coordinate development of activities that promote member development, networking, professional learning, and advocacy. Oversee MATSOL volunteer initiatives. Do outreach to MATSOL members to join and lead member groups and committees. Assist volunteers in innovating new activities; Work with board and staff to increase member engagement and volunteer opportunities.
- Support leaders of MATSOL special interest groups. Provide training on MATSOL resources and policies. Assist members in planning in-person and online meetings and events including agenda planning, site logistics, registration, communications, technology use, and publicity. Facilitate meetings if needed.
- Coordinate communication with members and the public about MATSOL’s activities, positions, and strategic priorities. Create and disseminate information and publicity through MATSOL communication channels including email, MATSOL publications, and social media.
- Coordinate development of regular webinars, blog posts, and other content presented/created by members and experts.
- Work collaboratively with the board and staff to plan and deliver programs. Contribute to developing strategic objectives, planning activities, and evaluating programs. Take the lead in coordinating innovative programs and events.
- Contribute to annual conference planning and management, and work on-site at the conference. Coordinate volunteer opportunities related to the conference.
- Attend MATSOL events, meetings, and conferences to oversee or assist with site logistics, facilitation, and other tasks.
- Perform other tasks as needed to support programs and member engagement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written communication, in-person and online presentation/facilitation, and social media.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated event management skills.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, ZOOM, Survey Monkey, WordPress, and social media platforms. Ability to learn new systems including the MATSOL association management system (member database, website, and event registration).
- Ability to travel within Massachusetts to MATSOL member meetings and events. Occasional overnight travel required. Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and events (in-person and online).
- Three to five years of experience leading and managing in a collaborative environment.
- Experience successfully recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers.
- Experience planning and facilitating meetings (in person and online), events, webinars and professional learning activities.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with teachers or in educational or nonprofit settings.
- Understanding of and experience with English learner programs in PK-12, adult and university settings.
- Bilingual in any language.