Temporary, part-time contract position. Must be available May 24 through June 4, 2021 from 10AM – 5 PM (EDT)
MATSOL is looking for an upbeat professional to support presenters on our digital conference platform during the 2021 MATSOL Virtual Conference, which brings together educators of English Learners from across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to share expertise and best practices. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about TESOL and EL education!
The conference will use ZOOM Meeting Pro integrated with the Whova conference platform. MATSOL will provide a ZOOM account for hosts to use during the conference.
- Act as the primary support person for presenters assigned to you during the conference week.
- Manage attendees in large meetings (up to 100 or more) to ensure presentations go smoothly.
- Set up ZOOM Meeting and the Whova features before sessions start.
- Do a tech check with presenters 15 minutes before each session.
- Start and stop recording the session.
- Play conference introduction video and introduce the presenter.
- Monitor chat and Q&A and relay questions to the presenter. Assist presenters as needed by sharing links, launching polls, etc.
- Create breakout rooms (if applicable).
- Remain professional and upbeat throughout the presentation.
- Troubleshoot any problems during a presentation.
- Remain in communication with MATSOL team throughout the conference.
- Experience facilitating large group meetings and presentations with the ZOOM Pro meeting platform, including using breakout rooms, chat, Q&A, polls, YouTube livefeed etc.
- Experience with a virtual conference platform is a plus.
- Computer or laptop with reliable high-speed internet connection (Two devices, such as a dual monitor or a laptop plus tablet or phone is preferred).
- Proficient with computers and technology and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Professional, upbeat demeanor with good communication skills.
- Week of May 24, 2021: Independently review and complete training materials and participate in at least two live training sessions (M/W/F 10-11AM)
- Tuesday-Friday, June 1-4, 2010: Host up to three conference sessions per day between 10am to 5pm, with breaks in between sessions.
MATSOL is a nonprofit professional association of educators of English learners in Massachusetts. Our members include educators in PK-12 schools, adult basic education, workplace programs, private language schools, and institutions of higher learning, as well as pre-service and in-service teacher educators. MATSOL is the state affiliate of TESOL International Association.