Massachusetts Association of Teachers of Speaker of Other Languages (MATSOL), in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), is conducting a third-party, independent survey of Massachusetts educators to evaluate and review the Massachusetts Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) Endorsement Courses for teachers and administrators.
The goal of the survey is to gather feedback on course content and materials and on the course’s effectiveness in meeting instructional goals. Information gathered from this survey will support DESE’s future revisions of the SEI Endorsement Course.
Who should participate?
We invite participation by educators who have experience or familiarity with the SEI Endorsement Courses (Teacher, CVTE and/or Administrator courses), including:
- Instructors of the SEI Teacher, CVTE and Administrator Endorsement courses offered by DESE-approved PD providers as well as instructors in SEI Teacher Endorsement Courses in college and university teacher preparation programs;
- Teachers, administrators and other educators working in the Massachusetts public schools;
- Providers of professional development or coaching in Massachusetts;
- Faculty in teacher preparation programs in Massachusetts;
- Researchers of Massachusetts public schools.
The survey will be open from February 27 to March 12, 2023.